2015年3月9日 星期一

An Influential Event

The most influential even in my life would be immigrating to Singapore. Before I came to Singapore, I never study hard as there are too many temptations during school life. There are few department stores and comic books shops around my school which really distracted my attention from studies. I always hanged out with my friends in game centre or Coffee shop after school; I didn’t know what is revision and homework. When I first came to Singapore, I had to face a problem, how to continue my study here. It was not so easy for foreign students to enter government school as the admission examination is difficult. Furthermore, there were hundreds of foreign candidates participated in examination, which was really competitive. I realized that I had to change my attitude towards study and think about my future.  School works and remediation almost happened everyday and there are no entertainment activities in my free time. I have to sacrifice my free time to catch up my studies or I had no chance to pass the examination. Although it was really tiring and despondent at start, I managed to overcome the difficulties during that period.  The encouragement given by my friends and teacher had also motivated me to study harder. I started to understand that as grew older, we must take responsibility for everything we have done. Everyone have to work hard to achieve their goals and better future.  The tough life I experienced when I came to Singapore is a turning point of my life, if I chose to stay in my country, I will not change my attitude towards life and just sleepwalk through my days. I am glad that I made a right decision to immigrate to Singapore.

1 則留言: